Monday, March 18, 2013

Taste of the Middle-East: Ma'amoul


As I have promised earlier I am going to introduce you to some of the best the Middle-East can offer, starting with Ma'amoul cookies. These little bite-size treats usually come in different shapes and tastes according, such as date and walnut filling. I opted for a rich, (naturally) sweet and sticky fig filling, which is my Hubby's favorite. 
These cookies are eggless, gluten-free, dairy-free and added sugar-free, however made with the mixture of almond meal and rice flour to yield a more authentic experience.

Life is good here in the Middle-East, especially for those who approach it with much patience and laughter. But on those gloomy days when nothing seems to trigger my cheeks to curve in the right direction, I like to treat me with some cookies...



5 comments:

  1. I had the chance only to try the store.bought variation of these cookies and I even liked those, so homemade must be something divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I came across your blog! My family is Lebanese, and just this morning I thought, "I wonder if I can make Paleo Mamool?" Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn´t seen these in a long time and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice design ! could you please explain how its been made ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. since when rice flour is paleo?

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Check out my photos on Flick Email me